|Best Buddies Jobs (BBJ) is a program that matches skilled and qualified individuals with intellectual disabilities with businesses who are searching for enthusiastic and dedicated employees.|
Why are we different from other programs?
Our purpose is to work with individuals to locate and keep a job in the community. We have had great success in finding many different types of jobs in professional environments. Companies we work with range from law firms and other corporate environments to jobs in retail and luxury hotels.
What will Best Buddies Jobs offer you, the job seeker?
A chance to be included in choosing a job that you will enjoy doing, while having the opportunity to earn competitive wages and receive promotions.
What types of jobs are the Best Buddies Jobs participants looking for?
Best Buddies Jobs participants are looking to work in a many different areas. Here are some typical places:
- Law Firms or any office environment
- Child Care
- Hotel and Food Services
- Hospitals and Nursing Homes
Why should YOU work with Best Buddies Jobs
- Professional vocational staff analyzes and implements services to fulfill your employment needs
- On-the-job training at the beginning of employment insures that the employee is provided with the support and training to perform the necessary functions of his job, without creating additional work for the employer
- Hiring a person with an intellectual disability adds diversity to your workforce
- Best Buddies Jobs staff can work with you to identify resources on tax credits to offset the costs of accommodations, if necessary
How can Best Buddies Jobs help YOUR business?
What makes Best Buddies Jobs unique?
- Best Buddies Jobs puts you in contact with a pool of qualified and enthusiastic candidates
- Best Buddies Jobs provides individualized placement, on-the-job training and long-term support for employees with intellectual disabilities
- Best Buddies Jobs staff is available to train your staff on a variety of disability-related topics such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Best Buddies Jobs (BBJ) is a freestanding, community-based program offered at no cost to an employer. BBJ works with an employer to assess the company's employment needs and then identifies a competent, productive and loyal employee to fulfill those needs.
After a suitable candidate is found, a job coach from BBJ provides on-the-job training and then phases out when the employee is trained to the employer's satisfaction. BBJ maintains contact with both the employee and employer on a monthly basis and a job coach is available for retraining, if necessary.
For more information, please contact:
Sarah Holtschlag | Program Supervisor, Jobs
Phone: (312) 828-9313